The Carpenters Arms - Stratton, Swindon. Pub serving food and drink with onsite accommodation.
- 60s/70s Night – Saturday 20th August from 7 pm. Live music from The Four of Hearts.
- Beer Festival Weekend:
- Friday 26th August from 7pm. Live music from Nightjar.
- Saturday 27th August at 7pm. Live music from Damm.
- Music Night with Black Dog Acoustic Duo – Saturday 17th September
- Black Tie Night – Saturday 29th August from 7pm. Music from Delores.
- “A Night of Cheese” – Saturday 24th September from 7pm. FREE event. Retro disco with all the old classics… requests accepted 😉
- Bonfire & Fireworks Night – Saturday 5th November. Bonfire 5pm, fireworks 5:30 pm, live music 7pm, normal menu 7-9pm.
We’re dog friendly.
Don’t forget that The Carpenters Arms has dog-friendly areas inside the pub and a full Mutt Munchies Menu.
Thank you to all that supported our Mini Music, Ale & Cider Festival.
Food & Drink
Food Served Daily
- Food available all week
- Warm and cheery setting
- Waitress service
- Ideal for walkers
Booking not necessary (but we do recommend it on busy days such as weekend evenings or Sunday lunch).
Tired of bland corporate chains? We offer the comforts of modern accommodation attached to a real English pub.
Book a Room
We have a range of single, double, family and twin rooms available. With easy access to Swindon town centre, local industrial parks and the Cotswolds.
We are also available for functions
The Carpenters Arms can cater for parties, weddings or funerals. With ample room for large numbers we provide food, drink and a friendly welcome.
Find us in South Marston, just outside Swindon. From Swindon or the M4, take the main A420 Swindon towards. We're on the left approximately a mile past the Sainsbury’s roundabout if you're coming from Swindon or the M4.
Welcome to a real English country pub
At the Carpenter’s Arms, we have a warm welcome and a roaring fire, great local beers and belly-filling food. In fact, everything you could want from a traditional English country pub.
With beautiful walks nearby and a dog-friendly bar, we’re ideal for walkers and anyone visiting this iconic landscape (we even have parking for caravans).
Business travellers are a few minutes away from Swindon’s industries, including Honda UK, and the M4.
A Warm welcome guaranteed
If you're looking for the ideal country pub for good food, a friendly atmosphere and the perfect place to stay overnight, then the Carpenters Arms fits the bill in every way.
Find us in South Marston just outside Swindon and just off the A420.
Clare Shoesmith and the team look forward to seeing you!